Friday, June 18, 2010

Rachel's Luck





"...They could hear folks gasp. The organist muttered, "Well that's one way to look at "till death do you part." It only took a second to put the handcuffs on his wrist and then hers. He was startled and then he was laughing and she was laughing. It was the only sound they heard in the church. She took the key from her glove and undid the lock to his side of the cuffs. As she did, she said the words soft and then loud so everyone could hear, "I release you from the obligations of marriage and instead give you it's joy and freedom to share life with me." Then she handed him the keys. Still no sound from the congregation. At first she thought he'd leave her side of handcuffs locked, but he said the words too and then added, "I love you."


He kissed her before the preacher got the words, "You may kiss-" out of his mouth.

Later, alot later, she'd tell her brother that marriage had liberated her. For the first time, she trusted someone not to leave. She trusted him to be honest even if they were miles apart ..."

Next: http://12dotsandablot.blogspot.com/2010/06/apart.html

(Note: before ANYONE jumps to conclusion. I don't write fan fic. I do, however, write fiction.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm having trouble interlinking blog post. It can be done I'm sure. I'm able to do this on my other blog. It's not working here.

    Ack

    ReplyDelete
  2. AT least you can see the blog links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete