Friday, August 20, 2010

...somewhere in the deep south...

.






19August,2010

...somewhere in the Deep South


"...

We were in line waiting to pay for gas.

He had a hula girl on the dashboard. She was beautiful. When the wind blew she would sway back and forth. "Buenos diaz" was the price to see her dance.


I didn't speak Spanish and he didn't speak English. So I pointed and swayed back and forth.

Then he laughed, said the word "Arizona", and bent over to pick up the side of his car.

The car shook.

She shimmied.

We both smiled because it was magic...."




.
.
.


Walmart


"...


"It's part of my community service. No, I can't. Yes -- no --- hang on --"

"I need to buy some hangers. Get my clothes out of that suit case so I can actually live somewhere."






These three were amazing. Tats up and down the legs. Rail thin. I couldn't decide who they were. In the middle of the canned food section in the WalMart. We kept running into each other. I wanted to stop and ask them where they were from. Interview them. Take their photos. So exotic to me. Like aliens from another star system or indie singers from NY or LA. Dark angels in henna tats getting supplies. They should be running around in limos to a club, not buying groceries in the WalMart.



Beautiful

.

No comments:

Post a Comment