Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Maybe life is gooder than you think




After today?  After reading my horoscope?  I honestly think that I was adopted. Yep, I was adopted and they didn't record my real birthday. Nothing about my horoscope or my life screams, "You are loved and your horoscope will happen." Not that I believe in horoscopes but still, nothing.

I'm thinking that it's finally time to come out of my closet.

Yes, folks. I am a well adjusted grown up.  An adult who is frankly sick to death of all my family's draaaahhhhmmaaa.  Today my mom anounced that she's the responsible mom. "Good for you." I say.  My brother anounces that he's the responsible person and care giver. "Good for you. " I say. I'm not sure what my sister-in-law is going to say. See my mom maybe the mom and my brother may feel like the responsible care giver but the reality of all this is that it's my sister in law who'll actually have to chauffer my mom and dad about to doctors etc while my brother is at work.  Please don't yell at me. I offered. Honest to God I did. I've been at the hospital. Called for information. Was up at 4 on the road by 5. Drove 3 hours one way to hospital and back. When no one called to let me know that they moved my father. I said, "Okay." I slept in the waiting areas or didn't sleep. Foraged for food in the vending machine. All the while I waited for word of how my dad was or tracked him down because the rest of the world expected my family to let me know when he moved from one part of the hospital to the other but they didn't I was a good daughter even when the rest of my family wasn't very nice. I'd take the high road while I heard about how great my brother is even when he didn't call and tell me that my dad was not only in the hospital but unconscious for three days and had been put in ICU. Then I was told he might die. The reason for not telling me? They didn't want me to worry and hey he may have been unconscious for three days but he was okay.

I did this because I love my dad AND?

Because I am a responsible adult.

I'm going to believe them when they say they've got it covered. I'm going to say to myself, "Hey. Don't sweat it. If they don't want help. Well okay. Instead of the responsible adult? I'm going to be the adult responsible for fun."   So that's what I'm going to do. I like the city that he's in.  I can go see him anytime I want. I'm taking him treats. I can sleep in my own bed and I don't have to wake up at 4 in the morning and drive like crazy in morning traffic. I can sleep in. Unlike in the ICU, he can have flowers in his room. He can have cards and photos. Instead of the worry of watching him in therapy? I get the fun of dad outside of therapy which is pretty good because that means I get the fun dad. I get to spoil him rotten.

My dad's alive and he's getting his therapy. Everyone is working very hard and I get to see him everyday AND I get to visit my favorite city. ;D

I offered to help and they said no so what's a responsible adult supposed to do?

Have fun and spoil my dad.

Sounds good to me.

Hugs.

AuthorAnn

The Adult Responsible For Fun.

Yay.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment