Sunday, April 22, 2012




Oh Lordy.

I have, thanks to the grace of certain folks, survived poetry reading.  It was informative. I learned that my poetry was pretty good. I also learned that standing in front of folks reading it is nerve wracking. The entire time I kept trying not to edit mid stream.

Afterward, I told WB that there are a few things that are certain. One, I have a family and I have dogs. They're not going anywhere. I am a writer. It's the only thing I've ever done that I never asked permission to do. I rarely ask anyone if they think it's any good.  I just write and re write and leave somewhere to read later. I keep doing so until it feels right. I also learned that I'm probably not the best person to :"sell" my poetry to the world. If I can get it published in a few places, I'm going to find an agent.

.
Keep reading. With the exception of the song lyrics and supper chicken. The rest is original.

Kind hearts met kind hearts.

Ann

.

No comments:

Post a Comment