Friday, February 18, 2011

.









Not that I want to die young ---


I used to think that the most vulnerable population of our society was the very young. Now? I'm not so sure. The young don't really know all of the pitfalls of a misstep. They know if they're tired and they know if they're hungry or feel uncomfortable but their awareness of trouble is pretty much in the moment. Once the wet diaper or the empty stomach is tended? They've no worries. But the old? Unless there is serious mental impairment, they know from long experience that there maybe trouble ahead of them. Or they may struggle with a diminished independence after years of taking care of themselves and others.

I'm watching as my parents navigate these waters and it's got me wondering about the future and praying for theirs.

Serious stuff.

I wonder. Do we want to continue hunting rabbits with the pack OR do we, like an old dawg, want to sit in the sun and chase them in our dreams?

Dunno.








.

No comments:

Post a Comment