Monday, March 21, 2011

"I hear voices..."

.


Dear Tom,

Hello to you.

Is your mother still here?

I've always heard that to go to Heaven is to go to a place where we are free of the pain and of the suffering of the world. It always sounded like when, after a really long day of work, you close your eyes and go into a good sleep. I hear it called laying down your burdens and being with the Lord. The idea is that your work on Earth is finished and now you rest.

I wasn't able to see my great aunt before she died. It bothered me for a long time that I didn't. Sitting here thinking about your situation it's made me realize why.

This is my prayer to God. I'm praying and typing at the same time.

Dear God,

Thank you that you lead me to Tom.
First, I hope that you will not only bring Peace to his mother but you will also bring Peace to him. You and I have been talking (praying) to each other for along time and through alot of sadness. You've been the faithful friend. Wheither I thanked you for letting me be with the people I loved or when I yelled at you wanting to know why you would take them, you listened. Like a good friend you comforted me. Never once did you turn your back or say I'm too busy to listen. And today, though Tom, I finally heard about Elsie. I was lucky to have known her and now I rejoice that she sits in Heaven with you. Now it's up to me to remember all the things that she taught me while she was here on Earth. She taught me how to grow old gracefully and full of life.
Thank you for giving me time with her.

Tom, I didn't get to see her when she died. Didn't get to see my grandfather or grandmother when they died. Didn't get to see a good friend when he died. This always bothered me so much. Now, thanks to you, I know how to get past that pain. Instead of mouring their loss, I'm going to remember the lessons they taught me here on Earth.

My great aunt, sitting in a hospital bed with her new hip replacement was chipper as a happy bird. I asked her was she in pain? How could she be so happy. Her lesson was to find the happy in the world no matter what. Do not define yourself as your age on that birth certificate. Define it as how you feel in your heart.


My grandfather said that it was important to be honest in your dealings. He said that the most important thing a person could have in their life was their good word.

My friend said that life was to important to waste on things that you didn't believe in your heart was good to do. Even if you don't make a million or everyone else says, "Impossible."

My father says that you can move mountains if you work at it long enough.

My immediate family says, "We love you. Always."

And my grandmother? She said what I tell my own son now, " You know where the key is, There's a warm bed and food in the kitchen. We'll leave the porch light on for you.



Hugs,

C Ford

.

No comments:

Post a Comment