Monday, July 4, 2011

.

Mister Music please,




"Uh , Dad, Mom's eating frosting out of the jar again."

Dear Gentle Reader,

I hope you had a great day and will have an even better evening. We had a pretty good day. The people we met were nice and we actually had a couple of surprises that I'd never have guessed.

Then we came home and had a few more.

Tonight, in addition to moving the 5 chickens from their outside pin into their inside box for when it rains (re storms) and comforting one pup who literally hides under the covers when it storms, we are also entertaining a "guest".   Emmie, one of our outside dogs, has gotten out of her kennel 3am night before last, yesterday am, yesterday pm, and tonight. I've been at a loss as to how one 15 pound dog could get out of a enclosure 8 feet high. We looked for holes and we looked for unlocked kennel doors and well nothing. Tonight we found out that she can climb. If Pup hadn't seen it and told me I'd thought it was a joke. Alas no joke. It would seem that my little pup has skills worthy of David Letterman's stupid pet tricks.  She can  climb up the side of the kennel (all eight feet of it), jump over the top and then jump the 8 feet down to doggie freedom. Since it's raining outside and I can't take a chance that she'll climb out again, I've put her in the now crowded bathroom along with the chickens, turned off the light and prayed to God for a thunderstorm so that my other pup, Domi, will stay under the covers and away from Emmie. For the record, Domi doesn't hate Emmi. She just doesn't care for the competition.

If I'm lucky?  The chickens will roost, Domi will stay under the covers, and Emmie will bed down on the rug;  they'll all go to sleep.

I hope.  At the moment the other inside dogs are barking at the bathroom door. So much for Emmie going to sleep.


As for me?

I'm going to take a hot shower and watch MASH (movie not the tv show). I'm pretending this is Noah's Ark and the dear Lord himself has commanded all the furry and feathery creatures to get along.

I'm also asking God for a barn.

Will let you know if there was any doggie or chicken or doggie and chicken carnage during the night.

Happy Independence Day.





Roll with it.

Love and kisses,



Author Ann



For Zen moments go here  too important to just bury in th...



  • "... ...     to find  them ,  














  • Or go back to the blog post you were reading  . 'Chicken Catch - a -torie Chicken Frick -a - seee...




























  • Otherwise?  Go here http://12dotsandablot.blogspot.com












  • .

    .

    1 comment:

    1. Epilogue

      Emmie is now an inside dog in training. She sits. Takes her turn during treat time. Has is slowly getting used to inside dog life and manners.

      Least that I can do for a being who learned to climb an eight food fence all by herself.

      .

      ReplyDelete