Monday, August 29, 2011

.





"...been to the desert on a horse with no name it felt good to get out of the rain..."

Sons and Daughters of Panarchy

Unicorn pandemic and tales of panarchy?
Flame throwing tanks and nekkid peace nicks?
All ending up around a pheonix fire?
Tales of paying forward and random kindness.
All for tickets that cost more -
More than rent.
More than a weeks groceries.
More wear and tear and cost of fuel to get there only to find that the only cars allowed are in the art work.
All on a piece of land with the same name as a security contractor in Iraq.

c anne ford  8-29-11,  from Sons and Daughters of Panarchy. A Collection of  Stories and Poems the New Millenium



It's the first night of Burning Man,

No, I'm not there. This was written at home.

I'm actually at home reading about how the Food Bank is planning for the increased need for their services.  I read that Burning Man has been a for profit festival that charged from 200 to 300 dollars a ticket to get in. Once in you are asked to "pay it forward" by being helpful to one another.  While I'm reading this I'm thinking how with one dollar Food Bank can buy groceries. Imagine what they could do with the price of a ticket and the cost of fuel to get there and how folks are flying in airplanes and then taking the pledge not to use fossil fuels while there. I'm reading that people attending Burning Man are asked to do acts of kindness. Then I read that theres been a 30 percent increase this year in the number of people using Food Bank.

I think about the folks who lost everything in last spring's tornado and how Food Bank helped.

And how politicos and capitalist flew private jets to a conference about solving environmental crisis world wide.

Decided to have my own party in my heart. Cost of a ticket?  A hug.



.

Hugs and kisses,

Auntie Slacker ...

.



.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment