Wednesday, December 7, 2011

,





Today a young man is laid to rest.


In the arms of the Earth his body will lie.

Each day he will become more and more a part of the land.


While above his mother and father will walk the Earth asking,

"Is love alive?"


He was 17.


.



A long time ago in a different place and time, my love and I waited for a son to be born.  It was a terrible struggle to get him here but come he did.  When we held him crying, we told him that it would be okay. We were there to help him. There to keep him safe.

I feel asleep believing this.

Then I woke up.



His life was brief but his lesson is with me always.


It was the reason why I stopped to ask,


"How can I help?"


We are the family of man.


The universe is vast.


Our boat is so small.


"Is Love alive?"


I think so.



So to the mother and to the father who I met on that cold road?

This day your kind son and my son are playing in Heaven.

They feel no pain.

There, they are spared the troubles of this world.


In the arms of the angels, their days are sunny and kind.

While we struggle here with the dark of the world wondering if we are good enough for Heaven?

They were spared that struggle.

God, seeing this extrodinary kindness in them, spared them the pain of this world.

He took them home.


Be kind to one another and have faith.


We will all be together someday.


Is love alive?

Yes.

I know that it is.
.


Hugs,

Ann


.

.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment