Saturday, August 6, 2011

.



(Song What's Going On by Marvin Gaye)


"This is my Zen garden. All who are weary? Come for peace here." c anne ford



hmmm


I told myself, "Self, stay out of politics. It's a jungle out there. But..."


A history lesson.

Go back and read the financial news. Go back to the 70's and Richard Nixon when the first George Bush was head of (I think) the CIA. Start there and read through the following decades, yes decades, about the push to modernize China. Pay attention to the news where the US redid China's stock exchange, insurance commissions, banking commisions, and then look up civil rights violations by China before the Olympics and just in general. Pay attention to what you're reading and then ask your self about recent comments from China concerning US debt.

Then?

Go get a map.
A world map.

Look at where America is and where China is.
Good.

Then?

Look south to South and Central America.

And look at North and South America with people who could use a job. Look at Europe too. Ireland, Portugal, Greece... Look at the world and put things in to perspective. This isn't the first time the world has seen trouble. It's also not the first time that countries have worked together to handle an economic crisis.

Make no mistake here. I'm a thinking that there is some muscle flexing going on but I know that we were a nation for doing things and making things for ourselves.

Pick a paper and look at history. Look at the folks who've been watching their manufacturing jobs leave the country. We've lost textiles and steel. Now think of this, we are still a country rich in natural reasources and unlike a certain other country we've learned how to make things without poluting our environment.

There are times that call for clear thinking and taking up for yourself. It's not just our country. Hello Canada. Hello countries in Central and South America.

We can do it for ourselves.

This song says "hello" to the people of America who've manufacture things and did it well long before goods ever had the words, "Made in China".



(Incase the embed is disabled song 40 Hour Week by Alabama official vid)

Now I'm not going to suggest you throw out those things with "Made in China" on it but maybe it's time that we had a conversation with the WalMart folks and asked them to bring back the "Made in America" campaign.

And maybe the unions can help.

My grandfather raised children during the Great Depression in America. We don't want that but I think that we can get past it. From Craigs List to Ebay and yes to WalMart. The lessons of the Great Depression was about those places who survived by pulling together. They were inventive. The bartered (think Craig's List. Are you getting me? They fed people that didn't have. I hear it's a global economy now but it was then too. Time to band together.




Then?

Go look at the map and at the news and think to yourself, "Who's the country who's been fighting (and going into debt) in Afganistan and Iraq. Anyone see China?"

My heart felt prayers for the family members of the troops who died in Iraq. Hugs.

I'm sorry that my blog can seem frivolous. I've been staying away from politics because lets face it, the troubles in this world, the sorrow, can be overwhelming. Sometime you need a place of quiet.

I'm not being callous. My state like many others have had real sadness due to loss in the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan.




(His Eyes Are On The Sparrow cover my Marvin Gay - Incase the embed is disabled)


I hope that this comment on the current political enviroment won't get me banned but I come from the Deep South. While there are good times here? There've been bad too.

It's hear that I've learned that while there are times to be quiet? There's time you should say something too.

I am proud to be American.

Author Ann



(incase the songs are pulled Arron Tippin song You've Got To Stand For Something)


.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the typos. I do know the difference between "...hear..." and "...here..."

    Just can't go back and edit.

    Hugs.

    I'm just hoping that my blog post doesn't get pulled or I don't get into trouble. It just breaks my heart all the sad.

    It didn't feel right not to say something.

    Hugs.

    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I DO NOT hate people from China. There are really nice people from China.

    Not to keen on their govermental policies but that's not the same as disliking people from China.

    To tell the truth I'm glad that the citizens of China are finally getting a living wage after years and years of not.

    Alot of that economic recovery came from American help. Seems a bit unfriendly to be demanding this and that after all that help.

    Just sayin

    .




    .

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see stuff is still here.


    Every once and a while I write something that is just an honest thought.

    Most times I'm just a "slacker".

    :D

    Hugs. I've been reading what the fella from the Chinese banking system said and LOL. I just marvel at it. He just handed the folks who say that the Chinese government running the world economy would be an unhappy situation full of bossy demands a gift.

    In other words, "Well there's gratitude for helping to modernize your economy for ya'"

    LOL can you imagine, Whipcrack sound and from a static speaker, "Now get to work!!"

    Sigh.

    Guess someone forgot to remind the Chinese government that the rest of the world has the unfiltered Internet. LOL

    I'm still glad that the folks come from China are finally getting a living wage. Don't hate people who are Chinese. Not at all. Just not thrilled with the Chinese government policy including the open Internet.


    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete