Monday, January 31, 2011

And I cried and cried like a baby...

.

Watched Lost Valentine on CBS (with BettyWhite @ JenniferLoveHewitt).


It's a Hallmark Hall of Fame move and I told myself that I wouldn't get sucked into it.

But I did.

Then I told myself that I wasn't going to fall for all the sap. I was going to be cynical. I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day and the potential cheese wasn't worth it.

Then I thought,

"Well you know Betty White is going to be in this movie. She's not "cheesy". Might ought to watch. But I'm not going to cry. I'm just not. It's just a movie.


Then I cried like a baby.

First I smiffled at the story where Betty White's character waited each Valentine's Day for the return of her husband. Now you and I know that in the real world this behavior might start to look alittle looney.

But it didn't.

Next, I began to tear up at the "star crossed" attraction between Jennifer Love Hewitt and BettyWhite's on screen grandson. "This is sssoooo predictably "Hallmark Hall of Fame, " I sniffled," I'm not going to cry."

I boo hoo'd. Tears were running down my face.

Then there came the part where Betty White's characted talked to the guy who was the last to see her husband and -

I just started bawling.

I really did.

By the end of the movie, I was "snotting" into the only available tissue type things in my bedroom. My dog, who's a very sensible pup, was looking at me like I'd lost it, and anyone within ear shot was surprised at the reaction.


It's on DVD.

Have decided to watch it every Valentine's Day.

I may avoid Valentine's Day like I would the plague, but this movie was pretty good.


Happy day.


AuthorAnn

In honor of the upcoming fake holiday to comerce known as Valentine's Day?

A Poem

Ode to Comercials

Real roses have thorns.
Their beauty it lies.
They're not sweet on the tongue.
Cost too much to buy.
I'd rather a cactus,
With an honest eye.
Than dozens of roses
From some jerk of a guy.

cAnneFord
30 Jauuary, 2010



.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment