Tuesday, April 26, 2011

.

This is a very southern thing. If you drive out into the country )or even the city) you'll see pretty much the same thing: a table, chairs, maybe a BBQ grill. Mostly they'll be under the shade. Long before we moved here we used to drive around looking and I'd see thoses places. For a long time I've had in my head what it would look like.

So guess what?

One of the things we did this weekend was to get the tables and chairs for under the pecan trees.



List?

Folding chairs
Foottub for ice
Last of the jars bottles for the lemonaid. Everyone's got one.
A big ole fan cause I read in Mother Earth News that a fan will cause the mosquitos not to fly.
Side tables to set the drinks and glasses on.
White, blue, and green mini Christmas tree lights.
BBQ grill.
Candles. The votive kind.

And a roll of wire.

The last item was important. For quite a while I've been saving spagetti sauce bottles. Finally had the wire to hang them with So up in the crepe myrtle trees are these bottles to be filled with alittle sand. Just alittle and then those votives from the dollar store.



It's getting hot. At the end of the day, we've now got our little spot for being outside. I'm putting all my flower pots there. Same for the lettuce tables. It's so nice I'm thinking of hanging the bird's cage out there too.

Really good place for company.

The dogs run around and we sit an visit. It's still kind of a jumble but it was fun. When we go out to the river the chairs and the tables fold up so that they can come with us. Can't wait to sit out there on the end of the dock or maybe over on the island. It's free cause there's a public dock.

I remember sitting in my maternal grand parents back yard drinking Coke colas. I remember sitting at my folks house eating peaches. I remember sitting in the back yard of WB's folks eatting watermellon.
Now I can remember sitting in my own yard drinking homemade lemonade and eating BBQ.

Will need music.

Mercy.




.
Al Green



LOL All good children get a prezzy for sitting and listening


I have been looking for this song for ages.




Lot's of folks have covered it but I think she does it best.














My favorite version of this song



Okay I like this version too












Woman can sing.




Thank you WTIX, New Orleans, La. for existing.

Thank you every grown up, teenager, and my little transiter radio.


And this next part? :) Thanks to my dad.







(despite the video game)

and the songs I love to sing but never quite get the words right...







depite the commercial

and Joe Cocker's version




.


honest to God, this was the only youtube for the song I could find that WASN'T a cover. Really. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COLIN FIRTH tribute.



Irony? All the other Youtubes were tributes to Van Morison.










I love Little Feat but Robert Palmer's cover is good too



I can guarantee that this has been on that dreaded "todo"list 4ever. This is just the first time I've found it on Pup and WB's 2do.

Finally.

Yay


.

No comments:

Post a Comment