Sunday, May 8, 2011





.









.



There's no song.

Not for this post.

There's not anyother news either.

The sky's blue and the weather perfect.

You'd never know to look outside that such a terrible storm existed.

The Kate and William reality show is over until next season so the time counter is finished for a while. 

The ballroom's empty and everyone has gone home save a fella sweeping up ticker tape, tinsel, and  shards of glass.


It's quiet in the garden.


After making Zen Gardens for others, I've finally begun making one for us. Hung the candles and set out the chairs, we wait for peace.

I heard a character on a tv show say that Heaven was a state of mind or Grace and that we made our own "Heavens"  based on what we thought was "Heavenly".

Then?

They didn't say.



I guess we wait.


Others say that Heaven is here. On Earth.

In some places I can see why they say that.

But, if this is the Heaven of my making, I wonder why such terrible things still exist.

If this were my Heaven to make, I'd not make those dreadful storms and no child would go hungry. 

There's be no wars.

No mothers or fathers having to leave their kids to fight in some far away place that we'd never heard of before folks started to kill each other.


And for each and everyone of us, there would be a mother who loved us very much.


Always.


" I used to think that finding my "voice" was the most astonishing thing. Now I that's not true. The really amazing thing wasn't just finding my "writer's voice" it was finding my "ears to hear".


The most important thing for me to do is listen.


Listen carefully to people, the ones I know and thoses I don't, and then learn the leasons they have to teach.


Only then will I be able to truly put my "writer's voice" to good use."



Hugs,


WriterAnn


5-7-11





Happy Mother's Day




.

No comments:

Post a Comment