Monday, May 9, 2011

.






"...


If I put my "finger" just so - in that small spot just above your heart, it was as if I opened the heart of a mechanical lion.


I remember reading how in the last days of Leonardo DiVinci he took up residence in the home of the King of France. It was supposed to be because DiVinci could design the war machines that the King craved.  While he was there he also designed toys for the King. One toy was a mechanical lion who's chest cavity opened to reveal a heart.


I looked at him sleeping there and touched the spot just above his heart. He stirred in his sleep and I half expected to see his chest open like a cabinet. There would be his beating heart. I tried to imagine what it would look like would it be some stylish heart shape pulsing or would it be more like the Madonna hearts on the wall of our old house the one where her heart is visible and looked like some kind of disection in a religious laboratory.


But nothing happened. He just kept sleeping there oblivious to my presence.


So I left him.



Turned the key in the lock and then left it in it's hiding place under the floor boards.



..."




from

Mother's Day.


by CAnne Ford


5-9-11



all rights reserved by the author




LOL I'm listening to Sting and thinking about Billy. Before he died he ran out of his apartment being chased by an angel.


I loved him so.



.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment