Tuesday, May 10, 2011

from yesterday's posts (and from a work in progress) I'm going to change it a bit. If this were the old blog I'd use a hot button and as the beginning of the "fork in the story path" in an Interactive blog story, but - well that's not easy because I'm having trouble with the blue links....




So- from yesterday's blog posts:

"If I put my "finger" just so - in that small spot just above your heart, it was as if I opened the heart of a mechanical lion.


I remember reading how in the last days of Leonardo DiVinci he took up residence in the home of the King of France. It was supposed to be because DiVinci could design the war machines that the King craved. While he was there he also designed toys for the King. One toy was a mechanical lion who's chest cavity opened to reveal a heart."
 
 
 
*I'll do a bit of rewrite.
 
 
"...
If I put my "finger" just so - in that small spot just above your heart, it was as if I opened the heart of a mechanical lion.


I remember reading how in the last days of Leonardo DiVinci he took up residence in the home of the King of France. It was supposed to be because DiVinci could design the war machines that the King craved. While he was there he also designed toys for the King. One toy was a mechanical lion who's chest cavity opened to reveal a heart.
 
"I wonder what mythical Leonardo would have made you for?  Whose toy would you be?  Would he have your chest open and your heart leap for their amusment or would it be a metaphore instead? "
 
Then I'd insert the line, "
 
If I put my "finger" just so - in that small spot just above your heart,  would it "open" you? ..."
 
 
I'm going to sit on that last bit of line.
 
 
Now where else would I go. While I'm wondering around in this part of the story might as well see what I could add.
 
 
 
"... Paula sat next to Matt. Watched him sleeping. She didn't want to sleep on the floor but she didn't want to wake him either. If she woke him up he might leave and that was the last thing she wanted him to do. Michal and Sarah were in her bed doing God knew what so she'd come into the living room to read. Maybe sleep on the couch or see if anyone she knew was on the Twitter. She'd almost sat on Matt. Didn't  see him there in the dark. She tried  sleeping in the chair and when that didn't work she tried the oversized cushions on the floor. That didn't work either. "He's probably passed out. There's room for you both if you don't mind."  Michal's voice in the dark..."
 
 
I'm not sure if I like that. Going to save and then reread.
 
 
.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment