Wednesday, May 18, 2011

.


"Today? 
A woman spoke to me in "tongues."

Today?

A man kept his word.

A bird flew.

Someone who says "I'll stay." Lost his temper.

And someone who'd lost his temper and cast me aside? Came home.

The planets spin.

The Sun rises and sets.

Prophets scream the end and the winds turn and churn and uproot the notions of home.

I walk on the waves of time.

Past and present try to dance with me.

I hear their voice sing,

"Walk past the wall.
  Through the malestrom dance.
  Part curtains  of time and space.
  Do not look up, nor down, nor fear.
  Nor keep another's pace.
 
  The world I see is in the mind.
  The voice I hear my own.
  The light I see in front of me.
  The light of hearth and home.


And so she walked through fields of gold.
And on to till daylight breaks.
To a place where clocks ..."


LOl I'm sorry. But that's where I'll stop for the moment.

Work in progress.

c anne ford

5-18-11

all rights reserved by the author


"Oh, and for what it's worth?" she said, "A woman did speak to me in "tongues". If you don't know what that is, it's okay. I've lived in the South for my whole life. Been in churches large and small and I know that people are different in their way. The good news was that this world has all kinds. A good man gave me a place to be. I know I'm not alone." He looked and her and - demanded- yes demanded, to know if she'd felt intimidated by the woman. "No," she said, " I've seen alot of things in my life.  So, no."  She thought abit more and then told him what the old woman had said whe she asked her what her favorite Bible verse was.  There'd been a pause and then the woman began to recite, " For God so loved the world... The entire Bible is within that one verse."

Later she'd think about her. The woman who spoke in tongues. She'd found her. Saw her. A supernatural being if there ever was one. Not a halucination unless they were all having one. The other lady had seen her too. Talked to her before she had. So she hadn't made it up. It was happening alot lately. "Walk through the malestrom..." and what was the other?

"If you can keep your head, " she didn't know the rest but she did know the author, " - Kipling. It was Kipling. "





c anne ford
5-18-11


all rights reserved by the author


If by R Kipling


"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;


If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!"


.tbc

Sorry ya'll but life calls.

.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment