Tuesday, May 24, 2011

.


Prayers to the folks in Joplin Mo who were in the path of this weekends tornado. 

With all the kind people who have and who are helping with the aftermath of the Deep South tornados (I know that the folks in Alabama are glad to see you!), I know just how good people can be.

My hope is that folks will be as kind to the folks in Joplin.

One other thing, for all the kindness and prayers for the storm victims, there are still people who have said the most unkind things.  Personally?  I don't think that these storms are punishment for bad behavior or the results of  "...trailor trash living.."






In my heart of hearts, I know that these folks who are saying such mean things probably aren't the folks who'll show up in Joplin to volunteer to help them. Nor are they the ones who showed up in Alabama to help those folks who lost everything.   They probably aren't the folks  who'll give a couple of dollars in an offering plate on Sabath or give food to a food drive or send a prayer that God will help if they can't.  Instead they'll sit at their computers and type things like, "...God is punishing the folks in Joplin..."



No matter how grumpy we are here at 12dots? We're not aholes. I lived through the aftermath of Huricane Camile. There's no way I'm going to be jerks to folks who've suffered through a natural disaster. It wasn't their fault. Instead? We pray. We give to the food bank. When a lady, who I'd never met before, asked if we were okay? Not only was I grateful to tell her yes, I thanked her for being kind enough to ask.

The good news is that there's lots of good folks . They come from all walks of life. They're rappers and hipsters. Up town folks and downtown folks. Folks who live in trailors and folks who live in mansions. Kindness comes from all over and the good news that hugs are still free.  They still can change the world.
I'm glad to know that even with the angry folks in the world?

There's still nice folks.
There's still good.
And?
There's still hope.

You don't have to have a nickel in your pocket to be kind.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment