Monday, September 12, 2011

.



"...The next day the Sun shone bright.

Brighter than the day before

The birds sang and the morning sky was blue.

How could they be so mean.

Didn't the Sun know that the world had stopped.

Birds.

Hold still your voice.

There is a shadow on my feet.

A hole in my heart.

Dark cataracts cover my eyes.


I tear my hair and throw myself to the ground.

Cover my ears to the sounds of life.

How can you sing
when my heart lies in the ground with the ones I love."


c anne ford

9-12-11



The thing that you learn when someone you love dies is that the world keeps on turning.


People will laugh.
The Sun will shine.
The sky will be in turns sunny and gray,
It's life.

And though you might not think so?

You do laugh.

It sneaks up on you.

It comes from somewhere that didn't disappear.

Like good friend it sits with you thought the tears and anger and the frustration.

When you yell , "Why?"

It whispers, "I don't know."

When you can't sleep, it tells you stories.

When you don't eat, it says, "Just a bite, please."

And on that day when you lay there covered in dispare and you say, "I can't."

It gently says,

"Yes, you can."


Then one day  you forget a little and the sun shines on your face and somewhere you begin to notice that the world is full of laughter.

Other folks are hurting too..."


.And you get up.


Older.

Wiser.

You can see the pain in the world and you stop looking inward.




And you ask,

"How can I help."


.






Yesterday?

We turned off the television.

It wasn't because we wanted to forget.

It was because.

The thing is.

In our heart?

Love?

Is the only antidote for the sadness of this world.

A little candle.

Sometimes it flickers in the darkness.

But it's still there for someone to see.

Just in case someone needs a hand.


So we turned off the tv.

And we went to get some ice cream.

Trying hard to block out the world of sad memories.

But life happens.

As it will.

Yesterday, I stopped trying to block out the Sun and the rain.

Yesterday, I entered the river and did my best to help.

.


"... How can the world still spin.

How can the birds still sing.

Did God forget me?

No.

He taught me so that when a child cried.

When a father cried.

I could be there to help.


.

Thank you to the fire fighters, the police, the paramedics, and the kind souls who can see beyond their own lives to see and help others.

How lucky we are that you are in this world.

I didn't forget you yesterday.

I won't forget you today.

.

People are living because of what you do.


For all the anger that we see in this world?


Because of your brave kindness?

I know.



"Love's the only house big enough for all the pain in the world."


Hugs.



.

.I have great admiration for the very brave men and women who show up everyday to help others.

I can't do what you do/

I don't know how.

But I thank the good Lord above that you know how.

You are really and truly amazing.

Thank you.

.



1 comment:

  1. The good news.

    Alot more people read my blog today than did yesterday.

    Bad news?

    I'm not sure if they've read my blog before and that means they may have missed the 12dots disclaimer.

    This means I'm going to have to start posting the 12 dots' declaimer on just about all blog posts. Thank goodness for cut and paste.

    .

    ReplyDelete