Wednesday, September 14, 2011

.

Sitting here reading my own mind.
And minding by own business.








(insert Smilie Face here)
.

This is serious.
I found this blog http://www.realspaceman.net/  And thought to my self, "Wait a minute. I'm not alone?"

This is terrible. In order to be different, I'm going to have to get a real job, a retirement/health benefit, go online pretending to work when actually I'm just updating tweets, facebook, or my blog, get an on line honey, get married to online honey complete with virtual shower and virtual gifts, get fired for updating tweets, fb, my blog, having virtual sex on company time with my on line honey while simultaneously sending out virtual thank you notes for my virtual wedding gifts, stay home all day and update my tweets, fb, or my blog because I'm at home all day with no job so I'm depressed, get divorced because I'm speeding too much time tweeting my new online sweety and not enough time texting real wife.

I'm way behind the curve.

Good thing I opted for the chia pet.

But not the Obama chia pet. It's the Dick Chaney chia pet.  Looks weird but it's oddly comforting  when I water the top of it's head. 

(Note to parents. Dear Mom and Dad, (I'm going to go ahead and write this now because I KNOW that this is going to come up and it's easier to do it now and just get it over with.)  The chia pet line above is an attempt at a one line joke. You'll be happy to note that inorder to be different, I'm going to have to get a job.  Yep, I thought you'd be "...pleased as punch..." to over this. Thought I might get a job as a joke writer on The Daily Show. No, I wouldn't expect that you'd  know it.  I'm sorry if the Dick Chaney joke sounded mean. You do have to write for your audience. No I'm not going to write for Fox News. I could send it in to Prairie Home Companion. NPR.  No, they're not Comunists, they're Lutherans from Minnisota. Nice people. They make the green lime jello mold with the mini marshmellows that you like. Yes, those people. You like them because they're nice. Thanks for the suggestion. Since this is about growning plants I could send it to The SquareFoot Gardner. Of course I could put some seeds on it and send it to High Times. They might like the joke. Okay. Take care.)




Do you love to read a short story?  Do you write short stories?

You might want to check this out.

http://www.societyofauthors.org/soa-news/society-authors-launch-short-story-tweet-thon-soatale

.

Hugs.

Song today?

Beach Boys * Pet Sounds

(for GoatHerderBoy)




.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment