Wednesday, April 13, 2011

.




I am a writer.


I put words and sounds together.

(sometimes on purpose - sometimes by accident)

but always with a compulsion

I need to get into the world those things called ideas that swirl about in my mind.

Sometimes people think that mind isn't a place of ideas but more like a toilet. It's function to  flush out the excrement of my mind.

Oh well.


I am still a writer.


I don't always get paid for the work I do.

The hours are long and the work site can be dreadful.

I get no respect from the very people I spend days encouraging their own ideas.

They think that is my job but they are wrong.

My job is to experience life.

Think about it.

And then come up with something new? Old?

But never borrowed.


I am a writer.

It's what I do.

Like the breath of me.

.

C Anne Ford


4-13-11



.

No comments:

Post a Comment