Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I wrote this for two reasons. One? To read at Pup's wedding should he marry. Two? In response to the relationship of two people who I'd had the good luck to know.

Love Up On The Highwire


I was dreaming with my eyes wide open.
Two dancers came into view
Two people on Love's high wire
Graceful. Dance a pas a deux
High above the ocean
They dance without a net
Graceful and so happy
All the joy that Love would let
And I worried when I saw them
But they reassured me with their ease
And I worried when I saw them
But they just laughed and said, "Oh Please--
We're young and we're in love
All your worry is just wrong
We dance graceful on this wire
And we sing our lover's song---



"...And our love will keep us safe
And our joy will keep us strong
And we'll dance this way forever
And we'll love this whole life long..."



So please now stop the worry
It'll only make you old
For our Love will keep us safe
It's our Love which makes us bold."

I smiled and I sang with them
A song as old as time
And happy were the lyrics
And lovely was the rhyme
From the melody to their lyric
A happiness was shown
From heaven Love is sent
It's love that brings us home.



written by AuthorAnn

12-21-08
Feb-13-09 03:33:45 PST

No comments:

Post a Comment