Tuesday, April 12, 2011

.


So storm came and went. We're okay but missed the Las Vegas Baby. It's not about the golf.

It's about the Zen.

And the gophers.







So the day is beautiful. The sun is shinning but it's not hot and muggy like yesterday. World's as shiny as a brand new glossy fashion magazine.

:D

.


I was coming in to post a quote that I found in a ---

nah hang on - I should tell you the whole story.


So yesterday I was at the Walmart buying stuff and  right before I went to the check out line I past one of those glossy magazines where life is perfect and everything is perfect and  like my horoscope  had NOTHING to do with my actual life.

Normally read these things whenever I'm waiting in a very long lline in the grocery store. WB reads the trashy stuff in the Enquirer and the UsWeekly so I read the glossy decorator magazines so folks won't think we're low lifes. 

This time? I'm actually reading the magazine instead of just looking at the pictures. It's all about Ireland and how great the place is. I'm thinking about how the Celtic Tiger got neutered by the banking and real estate crisis. All those rich Yuppies "investing" in B&B's and now the only people who seem to be able to go there are the magazine writers who are writing about how great it is to visit only folks are all broke, fuel is expensive, and the air fair is up.
Feeling bad for the Irish economy and the publishing business and the predicted demise of the glossy magazine and all those poor trees in the pine desserts.

I bought it.


At the time I had no idea that it would be a heck of alot closer to my actual life than my horoscope.



 
IHow could I? It''s glossy and beautifully decorated.

I sat there in the car and marveled at how people could life this life of grace and elegance.

Mostly becaue my life is more like






Then I saw the quote that said what I'd been thinking.


"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be.  Now put the foundations under them"



Henry David Thoreau


Which is what I've been doing with the writing and the photography and the sailboat and the dogs and WB and of course Pup.

Sure it's a bit messy and sometime what I write can be crap but it can also be beautiful.

.



This morning I read that it was the 50 anniversary of manned space flight.


50 years ago, with little more than the knowledge of what happens if you send a space dog or a space monkey into the air, human kind built the foundation under those castles in the clouds by sending an actual person.


No one died on that flight.

So I went back this morning and looked at that glossy magazine with new determination and thought,

"Feck it." I said to my self, " That's way too much trouble. Look at all those little doodads that have to be dusted.  I don't like so many doohickey's around. They fall over. I don't see a dog anywhere and I bet they've got maids and grown ups who spend their entire day trying not to mess up. It's way to much stress. Now where's the boat book. If I'm going to be putting a foundation under this castle? I'll be needing to know how to do a bottom job."



Today I read my horoscope and it sucked.

So I'm writing my own.


Happy day.



Don't forget to hug a person.


Ann



.



No comments:

Post a Comment