Wednesday, April 13, 2011




,


Dogs bark this morning.

Telling of a guest to be;

Good story at supper.
 
Feb-13-09 03:14:12 PST




 
 
 
I found hiaku. It's a highly structured type of poetry with some interesting requirements.


The following if from my hiaku junk yard. So are variations of a theme.

-----


Acres of open pasture

Cresote posts, t post, and barb wire--

Civilized meets the free world


------

Fingers fly on strings

Notes fly on a spring breeze-.

A string breaks mid song.

-------


Cucumber's new leaves.

Smell of garden soil in March

State fair prized pickles


--------


Young dogs tend cows.

Fast and sure they herd the flock.

Old dogs run in dreams


----------


Jonquils sway and birds sing.

Sunlight dances through Spring rains.

Winter memory.


I wrote these because of someone I met. Sent the hiaku to them later. To me writing haiku was like writing little puzzles.
 
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment