Tuesday, June 14, 2011

.



"So that I won't forget.

LOL My life. It's been complicated and now I wonder at how easily falls into place.  Even the hard parts are good. There's this feeling. Have you every had to move something heavy?  You know where you have to put all your might into it. When I move a board or redo something because the first time didn't work, or when you just are determined to do something even though there's a chorus inside your head chanting, "No, no, nooo you can't. No, no no, give up."  You sit there in the dark or out in the bright light of day and you wonder if this is it.

I remember seeing my father sitting there in the wheel chair hardly able to look up and asking the therapist, "Is this it?"  He could barely stand up and his speech was slurred. This is a man who I thought could move mountains with a look.

"Get up." 

The words I heard in my head.  It's what I was tellling myself when I'd rather have just sat there forever. "How could he die?"  When you think that you can't ever see the light of day again. Something. Something has to pull you through that moment. If you don't you founder.

You die.

"Get up."

I did.

He did.

It was a terrible lesson to learn because the scars of it cut so deep."


If Life Is A Highway? I Hope It's a Fun Trip."

work in progress

c anne ford

6-14-11

all rights reserved by the author




Christmas? Yep. In June? Uh huh.... (< Click here. I'm writing in the comment section.)


.Gotta go outside. Hugs.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment