Thursday, June 16, 2011

.





This is for someone who I have never met but whose photo kinda changed my life for the better. During my exploring through Twitter, I came upon a tweet from this same person that said she was leaving for a new job. Wanted to share this with her and thank her for posting that photo.

The following is a comment about the photo much later.






"Seize the moment.

.

I'm thinking about the photo of the woman under the water. It's the one where she's holding a small sea creature. She's holding it up to the camera as if to say, "See, look at this. This iife and it's amazing. Go see for yourself." At the time -even thought we didn't know each other, I felt that was an important thing to remember. I can still close my eyes and see that photo.
"Go out into the world and see. It's amazing."

So today we have our own photo.

And that is a true moment.

Go out into the world and look.
It's awesome."



This blog? It's for me to put snippets and longer of words and ideas. While there are elements of my life in this blog, it's more of a writing journal than a personal one. But some sections are personal. It's quite a time of change in my life and in the lives of my family. Some changes like the one noted above have been very good.

Thank you, Andrea.

I don't know you and you don't know me but your photo? It kind of changed my life.

So to you?

"Go out into the world and look.
  It's awesome."

Hugs from a complete stranger.

AuthorAnn

.Now scroll down to the next post. It's a rare (these days) political one. Then? Keep Scrolling to the next post. There are blue links. Try a few if you like. 

Welcome to 12 dots.


.

5 comments:

  1. .
    Just read my twitter and got a most excellent tweet.

    It waa the lady in the photo. The one with the sea urchin. I was glad to tell her thanks for the photo. When I found it I was at a place where I needed reminding that the world was great big and full of adventure. Now I got to tell her thanks. I'm grinning ear to ear.

    That's the weird thing about Twitter and the Internet. You'll see something and it's just what you needed.

    Happy journey.

    Ann.

    Definately a great Zen moment.


    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one more from the comments.

    A kind of explaination. I try not to let the reality of life intrude into my sense of humor but lately reality had been so good? I'm welcoming it.

    It's a comment from the Zen experiment.

    "...

    Now for Day 20.

    First, I didn't write this weekend because I was pretty busy. Saturday (Day 20) I got up really early (think 4am) and then went to my folks house. My dad said that I could come help him build a stand for his outboard motor. So Pup and WB visited and I hammered and sawed.

    Zen moment. Being with my dad. I'm so happy to be able to do this. I love my dad and my mom. It was such a good thing to see my dad building things. Here everyone thought he was going to die last February and now he's walking and working. He taught me how to toe nail two boards together. I now know a good way to build a outboard motor stand. And when I asked him what he wanted for Father's Day he said that helping him build the stand was it. He even was okay when I bent the nails and when I broke the drill bit. I asked him if I could come back and help his some more. Next time bring Pup to help too. He and mom said absolutely.

    So I am. LOL it's like being a kid only now dad has the time to be around us. He was so busy working when we were growing up. So was mom.

    When my dad was in Intensive Care, I prayed that God wouldn't let him die. I prayed that if he died that our family wouldn't heal and he wouldn't ever have the family he needed as a kid. My dad and mom are smart people but very driven. This makes excellent business people but difficult family. My brother told me that he thought that we were both waiting for him to say something that we needed to hear. I heard it when he was in rehab. He hugged my neck and told me that he loved me. That's a big deal for my dad. He doesn't hardly even hug anyone's neck (except for mom's). He just doesn't. Now he does.

    So the zen moment was important. It's a kind of healing process for our family. That "thing" that says "I'm your parent and I love you."

    I really want for us to work on a boat together. Dad has alot of knowledge. So does Mom. We can learn from them. In turn we can do the physical work. There's such a joy and feeling of true accomplishment when you make something. It's especially good when you do it with your family. A good kind of pride.

    That's what I learned on Day 20.

    Pretty good.

    ..."

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. .

    Was looking at the calender. Lots to do.

    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack.

    Note to self. Spellcheck.


    LOL.

    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. .

    Go here


    http://12dotsandablot.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post_9223.html


    .

    ReplyDelete