Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year.

Hope that all the readers here have a safe evening and that they get to spend it with the people who they love.

There's a tradition in Scotland. Something about the first visitor you have in the New Year.

Tonight, very much like Christmas at midnight, I'll stand on my stoop and read the Preamble and the First Amendment.  I'll say a thank you that I'm American. I'll give thanks that I have the freedom to choose to believe or not to believe without the government's intervention.

Then I'll sing


Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne* ?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.



Then like the idiot I am, I'll look at the gate and hope for company.

Go inside when none shows up and go to bed.

I'll remember to be thankful that I have a healthy Pup, a place for him, myself, and the pups. I'll be thankful that this year I have access to the water. As nice as this place is, I am still very much a water baby.

 I'll be thankful for the good that's come this year and bring it with me into the new.

Be safe.


Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment