Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sarah Jarosz 's cover of Bob Dylan's   Come On Up To The House


:)







There's a line in the song , "...The world is not my home. I'm just a passing through..."

I'm thinking it's from this song




This world is not my home I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Oh Lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore

I have a loving mother just over in Gloryland
And I don't expect to stop until I shake her hand
She's waiting now for me in heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Oh Lord you know...
[ guitar ]
Just over in Gloryland we'll live eternaly the saints on every hand are shouting victory
Their songs of sweetest praise drift back from heaven's shore
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Oh Lord you know...


WB sings this all the time.   I sing my version (same melody but not the same lyrics "...This world is not my home. I'm just a passing through. My home is up in Heaven, way up in the blue. My home is up in Heaven. Way up in the sky. The world is not my home. I'm just a passing through..."

I've always thought that we have a hand in our time when we die.  It comes from hearing of people who've tried to go to the light but then stop and go back.  Which leads to the questions of are we being reincarnated when we go to the light.  Is that the first real memory; the light that we first see going from the uterus to the outside world. What happens if a baby isn't born?  Does it stay in a reality like the present? Like when people say that they went toward the light but then stopped and woke up?  When my father was in his coma, he said that he saw a place where the  people were happy and kind. He said it was a type of Heaven. 


Do we tell God or whoever is in the next life, "I'm not ready to leave where I've been. I have to stay."

Does he answer back, "Sure, I'll see you later. No worries."

Once, many years ago, I thought that I was having a heart attack.  I remember praying to God that I couldn't leave because I didn't want to leave my son alone. I put my hand over the place that hurt and asked God to make the pain stop and heal the problem.  I just didn't have the luxury of going to Heaven.  The pain stopped.  My son had fallen asleep next to me. I'd been telling him a story and he'd fallen asleep. I couldn't stand the idea of him waking up next to me after I had died. Even worse, I couldn't stand leaving him alone.  Not as young as he was.  I always thought that he was spared that sadness.

Lucky.

I read this and can remember the funny feeling of being still and then just the knowledge that it was going to be okay.

...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment