Friday, November 5, 2010

Comercial break...

.


It was difficult to avoid. Either you had the folks re inacting Sally Field's "you like me" Oscar speech or you had "doom and gloom". I heard that Obama left the country and went and inspected a "super dooper, no longer top secret war bunker in India (yep, in India).

As for me?

I got all dolled up and went to movies.

Then I wacched TV's Craig Ferguson.

And then?

I took to my bed.

No, I wasn't in an election induced depression (or denial depending on what sid you're on).

I took to my bed because it was cold.





For those folks who feel that their side lost and ae abandoning all hope for "universal healthcare" do not dispair. There is an old custom that has served many a person well in their times of troubles. "Take to your beds" you wariors of the political. Not in denial or in dispair. No, take to your beds with something warming to drink, a good book/movie, and someone to snuggle with. Do it with friends infront of the fireplace or the tv set. Go out in the world and go out to eat.

Laugh.

And never forget the words of Hannah Murphy

"Having fun is the best revenge."


Hugs and hang in there,


Writer Ann


PS

If you can't laugh at it?

The wallow in it.

Make dispair an art form. Doom it with an artistic flair. Do it with a sly wit. Give like minding people a refuge in your solice. Make them and you laugh though your pain.





All together not..


"Those were the days my friend...."


.

1 comment:

  1. .


    Sorry for the misspelled words and punctuation. Had to post in a hurry. Will do the "pretty" version next.

    The Edit Bunny

    .

    ReplyDelete