Friday, November 5, 2010

Commercial break (the "pretty" version)

.







It was difficult to avoid. Either you had the folks re enacting Sally Field's "you like me" Oscar speech or you had "doom and gloom". I heard that Obama left the country and went and inspected a "super" dooper, no longer top secret war bunker in India (yep, in India).

As for me?

I got all "dolled" up and went to movies. A comedy.

I went out to eat at my favorite restaurant. Ate good food and watched CNN pundits discuss the future of politics in America with the sound off.

We laughed. (Nothing is funnier than watching a bellicose CNN pundit arguing about politics with the sound off, unless, of course , you're also watching one of Fox News' bellicose pundits with the sound off. Which is what we were doing.. )

It was funny and we laughed.

I watched TV's Craig Ferguson which was also funny and we laughed.

And then?

I took to my bed.

No, I wasn't in an election induced depression (or denial depending on what side you're on).

I took to my bed because it was cold and being in a warm bed with a happy being or two made me happy.

I know my dog was really happy.






For those folks who feel that their side lost and are abandoning all hope for "universal health care" do not despair. There is an old custom that has served many a person well in their times of troubles. "Take to your beds" you warriors of the political. Not in denial or in despair. No, take to your beds with something warming to drink, a good book/movie, and someone to snuggle with. Do it with friends in front of the fireplace or the tv set.

List all the good things in your life.

Then?

Go out in the world and go out to eat.

Laugh out loud and tell each other how glad you are that they're there with you.

Say all the great things out loud and just smile when someone gets in your face about your choices.

Might take a few tries but you'll get it and so will they.

Then gather all those good things, give 'em a hug and give the naysayers a bemused look when they're busy telling you how to live.

Laugh.

And never forget the words of Hannah Murphy

"Having fun is the best revenge."



It really is and - well - nothing pisses you freenemies more than the sight of you looking good and having fun.

Trust me.




.
Hugs and hang in there,


Writer Ann


PS

If you can't laugh at it?

Then wallow in it.

Make despair an art form. Do it with an artistic flair. Do it with a sly wit. Give like minding people a refuge in your solace. Make them and you laugh though the pain.





Sigh.

Everybody wants to rule the world but few of them want to listen.


LOL.


.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment