Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day...

.





PS

For what it's worth. I don't think that this is a Republican vs Democrat or a "Conservative" vs "Liberal" problem. Nope. I think it's actually a comment on the perceived disconnect between the people in office and the people they represent. And? I believe it's economic. LOL That's not a unique view is it. More than a few times I've heard that if the economy was doing good? Folks wouldn't have near the reaction to what's going on "...inside the Washington beltway..." They'd be too busy complaining about how Christmas ads were coming out too early and how we'd not even had Halloween or Thanksgiving yet." There'd be grumbling about how expensive things were getting to be but still nothing this angry. We're "marinating" in a soup of angry. Not sure how things are going in your world, but here it's almost nonstop about how bad the economy is. Then there'll be a commercial about how if we're truly to enjoy Christmas or our lives in general we need to buy this thing that costs way too much. Then we're told that because we can't buy this thing our life must be terrible and we should be angry about it. Next thing you know there's shouting and "Throw the bum outting" and well you end up with the lady at the home store mad at you because you asked (in passing mind you) what the score was for the college ball game that day.




LOL, hello? Do you even know my name?

Know what? I'm thinking that this is economic in more ways than one. It's trying another way to get us all to buy stuff. It's trying another way to get us to watch or listen to yet another commentator. Doesn't matter what side you're on. I just wished they'd talk about the issues and then find the answers. It may be supposed to motivate us to do something BUT all this yelling is just pizzing folks off.

It's not helping to find the answers.


I'm going to ignore it and vote for the candidate that actually will represent me during the upcoming election cycle. It's not always easy but if I try really hard?

I'll get what I need.




Hugs,

C

3 comments:

  1. Writer's commment.

    Around 2:25 the sound goes off and there's no sound for the rest of the video.

    Also you'll notice that this is a video of a video playing.

    The video without sound, with all of the blurred movement was a good choice. It should show three things:

    One?

    Not being heard as to the issues of the day.

    Two?

    The silent anger that's been brewing from which "Hope and Change", Obama, and the TeaParty have emerged.

    Three?

    The perceived disconnect between the incumbents and the voters. I use the word perceived for a reason. Having had experience with this "perceived disconnnect" on a grass roots level, I can tell you that in our case the fact that the incumbent hadn't heard the voter was accidental not on purpose. The thing you have to remember is that politicians are keenly aware of two things. One is they don't get elected without the vote and two is they don't get elected (or donations) from voters who are angry at them. This is a hard fact that both the Democrat and Republican voters are learning.

    That's why voting and speaking up is important. You do it before you feel like you're not being heard. Then if you're ignored? You remind the candidate that you vote and donate.

    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. .


    If there are words or music on the TingTing video after the 2:25 mark? They were added after I linked to this video in my blog post.

    Let me know if this happens because I didn't know and would like to know what is said.

    LOL, don't want anyone to "put words in my mouth."

    .

    ReplyDelete