Saturday, April 9, 2011

.




But, so the story goes, a Selkie wife will not forget her husband and children and can be seen swimming close to the shore watching over them.







.


I wanted to call "her" the Bonnie Nell.

After the lady who sold her to me. Her name was Nell and even after all the terrors that had happened to her some how she was still "bonnie".

I tried to be faithful to the name. It made sense. It was a good name for anything or anyone. But one day I heard another name.

Suddenly the good sense and the sturdy ways washed away leaving a new sound from very far away. With eyes as deep as the ocean and a heart full of love for the sea, I saw her. After years of being on the dry, dry, earth, she seemed to burst free from her clay shoes and leap up into the air only to disappear into the water below.

Last I saw her she was skimming like a bird over the ocean.


Selkie


.



Not to be over dramatic or anything but the legends surrounding this name --



Today's horoscope suks.


So wrote my own.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment