Thursday, March 13, 2014


Do you see the huge amount of words below?  That is my already done and to do list for the next 4 days with an added sketch of todo for the next two weeks.  I'm busy and have been busy for the last two months.



Before I do my already done list? I want to write this here. Over the past three days, I have met some of the nicest people. They are the crew who clears the power lines. They were the kindest, most patient, and most professional people who I've had the priviledge to meet. The work they do is dangerous but they manage to do it with grace and a sense of humor. I'm writing this here so that 1. to remind myself that there are truly good people in the world and 2. I don't forget the details so that I can write a thank you to their boss. Thanks to them a dangerous tree limb has been removed. The day after the bucket crew came and cut the limb, the guy who does their chain saw work told me that if the power line had been nicked? There could have been a very bad shock. (Note to self. That chain saw guy was cute and sweet as could be. ) Then two brothers, also just as sweet, then came on time and with I truck that I'd love to have for Christmas (can't afford in a million years) came and whisked away the piles of limbs. I love these guys. You can't imagine a nicer group of men. They do amazing work and make it look easy. So for three days on my already done list (Making sure to do my part so that these guys could do theirs. My part was easy. I just had to make sure that the gate was open when they needed to be there, I had to stay out of their way, and I had to not ask too many dumb questions.



Already done list *for yesterday
Sort through pile of limbs from tree pull out the parts that are good for firewood and pile up the others for burning, chipping, or wash
Make sure that I've pulled out any cedar limbs to put on the pile of cedar that came from the downed tree
Make sure to have gate open and be outside ready by 10am . The guys on this crew are up early and they're prompt. Priority!!!

(Note have this done by 10Am so that the guys could do their job. Also note. Since they've changed the time, It doesn't get light here until 6:45am.  I've been getting up at 5am(it's dark) I've been using that time to wash clothes, load the dishwasher, and feed the dogs. Also good time to check the mail and maybe pay a bill or two. Also good time to clean kitchen and watch movie or Late Late Show as I don't have to compete for the VCR/tv)

Remove the spent cedar chips in the kennels.

Put down the pea gravel in one kennel so that there's a barrier between the ground and the cedar chips. Note to self. It takes 6 of those big orange buckets from the Home Depot to do this. Seven buckets is better. The gravel pile is still good. Should be awhile until we'd have to get another load of gravel.

Clean the water and food bowls (We were out of dish soap so I bought two bottles)

Make sure there was enough cedar chips in the dog houses (A okay and I already have the two bags of chips to replace

Put one in the storage container and the other in car. I'm ready to put down the cedar chips and the gravel in the other pen today )

Put new bag of dog food in the storage container

Clean the chickens water and food bowl

Lap time for dogs/check for ticks and other things (My fun time.) Extra lap time today because we can't do run time with all the equipment and work.

Run time for the one pup because he needed the extra run time. Spent extra time because of all the excitement here (heavy equipment new people lots of sounds both for us and for the guy next door. All our dogs are a bit stressed from having all the really huge equipment. Couldn't be helped so we all needed the extra lap time to de stress. I have a chair in each kennel so it's easier to do lap time.)

Put up the water hoses.

Check poop for worms and loose bowels Note I think that the dogs eat better when they eat out of the bowls so I'm going to use the food hoppers for storage and so that they'll have dry food incase it rains.

Lap time with big Pup and exercise time. I love to see this pup run. I think that he could run a 4 minute mile if he put his mind to it.

Inside?

Unload the dishwasher/load the dish washer.

Get the eats for meals

Get alcohol/straight pins at store.

Wash clothes

Take shower (I'm pooped)

Finish my book.

This afternoon we had a wind advisory (until 8pm). So I had to move the cars out from under the trees so a limb wouldn't fall on them.

Then spent yesterday late afternoon watching to see if we had anymore limbs fall ......


Now for today?


Already done list

dress/eat

unload/load the dishwasher

get the garbage ready to put out

fold clothes put load of clothes in dryer put load of towels in washer


Note I'm washing towels and blankets today because I'm working outside and don't want to deal with folding clothes or wrinkles . Towels are easy and if you leave them in the dryer to do something else? Your good.

Talk to WB about sailclub and stuff that happened while away. Tried to remember the cute and very sweet chainsaw guys advice. I really did try.\


Let Big Pup out to make a pee and a poop (He was a good boy)


Got Big Pup's run time done

Feed the dogs

Write a bit on the computer and correspondence .

As for the rest of the day.

I'm not fond of to do lists (like the already done ones but sometimes I need the to do list to organize the day. So


The next two days are supposed to be lovely weather wise but Saturday and Sunday look like rain. Having to change what I was going to do over the next 4 days.


Thursday

Make sure to put out the garbage or you'll miss the boat

Put gravel in the other dog kennel so the pups won't need a boat when it rains this weekend (It should take 6 orange buckets full) I'm going to wait to see what happens with the weather this week end. If it's a big rain, I won't put out the cedar chips until next Monday. If I do different the chips will be a wet mess. With the gravel in they'll keep dry. Don't think that they'll suffer fleas or be muddy if the gravel is in.

Finish washing towels


Thursday afternoon and Friday


I wish that I could cut the trees that we'd planned to cut this weekend. I'm not supposed to cut trees by myself for safety reasons.

If it does rain, I think that I'll run errands this weekend.

Make sure to get a pair or chainsaw chaps that work.


Other than the usual with the pups (water bowls, lap time, exercise etc), I should use these two good days to pull and sort limbs.

I need to delimb the trees so that they'll be ready to put out to deter washes. I have a couple washes to be that will need attention. They're in the front.


If I know what limbs are left, I think that I can justify renting a chipper. That would be great as I could use the chips on the path along the road.

I also need to start on the fence. I'm thinking of it in 8 foot lengths. Otherwise? I'd just be over whelmed and give up. It's like loosing a lot of weight. You don't need to think of all the weight you need to loose. You just have to think of the next 5 pounds. I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the month. At that point the little guys can run free. Then I just have to think about the gate. I'm so happy to have the fence lines cleared and that barbed wire up of the fence and the ground. Lol if I ever find out who did that piss poor job? I'm going to give them a piece of my mind. That was just lazy. I'm lucky that we didn't have a vet bill because of it. Water under the bridge but mercy. I'll just be happy to have it finished.

Also? This is it. I need those chicken panels moved.

So at the very least I need the 16 foot section of the West fence done by Friday night. Good news? I have what I need to do it. Yay.


To sum up for today and Friday

It's dogs and chickens,
chicken panels,
at least 8 feet of fence today and 8 tomorrow,
and pulling limbs

Tonight? meatloaf mashed potatoes green beans salad iced tea

This weekend with the rain?

Do what I was going to do Mon-Friday but couldn't because of the tree thing

the dogs/chickens
spring clean kitchen
wash clothes
spring clean clothes closet.
Sort out the chain saw
and errands sort out the sail club fundraiser thing.

Next week it will finally be time for the baby chick pen to be finished.
Need to check the heat light.
Time to fix the chicken panels and move them to the next spot.
Begin the great dog migration (lol)
The week after Finally dog panels and dog houses.
Yay Anytime there's weather? Cut, clear, and deal with more woods area

Lol this is why I don't like the todo list. IT's much nicer to see what's been accomplished than look at the mountain of things to day.


Love you. )



See I am busy....


.

No comments:

Post a Comment