Sunday, January 2, 2011

Another Reason to Fly

.









Men find young women to live forever.
Immortality in sperm and in progeny
I tried but something is not the same.
There's no youth for me like a Coyote.
For me immortality is this desparate need to get it all down.
Before I can't.
Or worse?
Can't remember.
I'm swimming up river trying to change the tide.

Every. Single. Second.


Someone asked,
"How do you see "hope"?"
"How do you see "change"?

The world goes quiet
And I try to remember.
The night when the pain was so bad.
When the lights - for a moment - went dim
And I had to contemplate that the posibilities were becoming reality.
What if I'd lost my way to say "Goodbye." and "I love you."?

You touched my shoulder and life flooded back into my ears and for the first time I could see.

You.
The sun.
The dogs running in the yard.
The sails full.

"Hope, is another day."



For my dad, David, WB, and mostly Pup.

.
C Ford

1-2-11

all rights reserved by the author

No comments:

Post a Comment