Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a beautiful morning

.



Somewhere in all this Internet electricity is a tiny little blog that I started last week. It's a real life account of us, the boat, and is a conversation between me and my dad. I'm not sure if this is going to work out. I really want him to see how the boat is going and I really and truly want to beable to have a conversation with him. We've been talking over the phone this week. Short calls and a long one. If you have a child, grown or little, I can't tell you how important it is to listen. Even better if that listen is followed up with a hug. The conversation doesn't have to be earthshaking just heart felt and in the moment. With that your kid can move mountains.

I'm sending hugs to anyone who gets to spend time in a boat today. I don't envy you. I am over joyed for you. The closest I'll be to the boat today will be reading. That's okay. Yesterday while talking to my aunt, I realized how happy this all makes me. I don't know why but I just get this happiness inside. The words tumble out about the boat and how it moves and my experiences.

I'm sunsilly.

Groovin.




Happy.


.

They've made Lake Martin (AlabamaO a protected space. The beautiful clean water gets to be respected and cared for. It's one of the last things the Governor Riley's done before leaving office. I'm not always sure that this kind of thing is good but I'm hoping that the view I see when we go to the lake will still be there for my grandkids. Hugs Governor Riley. There are things I'm not always happy with but you've done some good things for the state. I'll miss you and your wife and hope that you'll take that "head clearing motorbike ride that will lead to you running for a office in the national area."

:D



Going outside.



I can hear this music on my little AM radio.... WTIX New Orleans La... Running barefooted... Catching blueshell crabs... The feel of St. Augustine grass under my feet... coke floats in my gramdmother's back yard... sitting on their front porch reading...

Life felt so good.

I know that it's cold in alot of places in this world but Spring and MardiGras and that feeling when you know you can take off your coat and sit in the sunshine... it's coming...

Hugs to you, Gentle Readers. Gentle and heartfelt.


Ann



Playlist












This next song isn't political. It's music. Chill.




















Van Morrison
























FRom Red Rocks 1998 Joni Mitchell Just Like This Train


I haven't found a way to embed it yet. I used to have it on 12 dogs but - anyway - I love this song. It's like growing old gracefully. I'm not sure that's happening here. To go gray and to have this body do so many amazing and frighting things. To still be "alive" but to realize that there are things that I'll probably never do

"I get this lump in my throat.
Try to jump high
Lile the Red Tails that sit on the fence posts.
I'm just waiting to jump into another part of life.
Yeah-
That's what I'm doing.
It's not like my knees are screaming at me to stop
Long ago they gave up trying and just screamed.
But I'm not listening
I'm a hawk
And any minute there's gonna be another minute
Another something to leave the ground for
A reason to fly."
,


Another Reason To Fly

Ann Ford

1/2/11

all rights reserved by the author.

.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if anyone is reading this. If you are welcome and thank you. Thing is, I'm going to go spend time outside. Just for a bit.

    This sunshine is just too good.

    LOL, for some reason it reminds me of Newt and David and my Grandmother.

    Peace.


    .

    ReplyDelete