Tuesday, October 8, 2013

.
.



.
When you're young and have all the time in the world,  it can seem that the sounds of old age are very far away.  Even as middle age comes into view, what is happening at the moment, can drowned out that creaking sound. Then one day you are sitting in a park or a restaurant and the people who are around you look old.  "Boy they've changed." you'll say.

Then you'll look at your own reflection in the glass."


My cosmic "to do" list is growing short. 


There is a someone who I've known in this life who I'd like to at least visit with.  That reflection in the mirror shouldn't really matter to either of us, but for some reason to me it does.  It's been so long since we've seen each other. Back then there wasn't any gray nor wrinkles next to my eyes. It shouldn't matter because those are the wrinkle that show up when I smile. The gray in my hair is actually not so bad. In my head and in my "heart", I'm still fierce. I'm actually stronger and much more interesting than I was way back then. Still in my mind there's the fear that I'll see the disappointment in their eyes because I no longer look like I do in their "mind's eye".

I believe in love.


.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment