Monday, March 7, 2011

The FU moment,,,

.



God bless Aretha Franklin.


There are moments in life that I like to call FU moments. These are the times in life when someone suggests something so outlandish and not in your best interest that you just have to tell that person, "FU."

You just have to. There's no other choice.

This morning I had a "FU" moment. It was about the sailboat. I'm not going to say exactly what happened but I will tell you that the only answer is, "FU" with a possible "Heck no" added for clarification. Just in case the receipient is unclear of what you mean.

Since my dad's been sick there have been some really breathtaking "FU" moments. Two of them came from my brother and my mom. But this one this morning was in a class of it's own. It would have made anyone mad.

For many, many years I lived a very "frugal" existence. I remember those years. Those where the years where everybody else had more important things to do. It was my job to help them because their life was more important. I still have the shoes and the clothes that I bought at KMart when it became clear I not only didn't have space in the closet, I didn't have clothes to wear. I'm not talking about "Oh deah, I've a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear." I'm talking, I had to go buy a shirt at the Kmart inorder to have something to wear to the lawyers office. I finally said, "I've got to have something to wear please." I was so happy to have those pants and sweaters. The thing is that it gets easy to build a world around that type of idea. Slowly the people who you tell, "Don't worry about me. You're stuff is what's important." begin to believe that you aren't important at all. You become invisible. Or, as I heard Geoff Peterson say, "I'm you emotional dumpster." All those years that I listened to folks? I wasn't their friend. I was their emotional dumpster.

Not anymore.

There are just some ASSumptions that only deserve one response.

"FU"

Thanks and have a great day!


AuthorAnn


.

No comments:

Post a Comment