Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Writing a bit

.


I don't know if I like the last three lines.  Apart of me wants to take out the  word/line "Itch". I want the words to be spare. I want them and the sentiment to be plain. Like a shaker chair. Their beauty would come from the simple nature.  Nothing coy.

I'm just worried that if I'm not careful the words will become so simple as to lose their worth.

.
Will let this one sit a while then come back and see if it's better.






"Would you miss me if I died?
   If I cessed to be?
   If like some antique clock,
   My ticking stopped.
   Would your ears prick up?
   Would say to yourself.
 "That's odd."
   And then go back to the business at hand.
   It would be arrogant,
   I know,
  To imagine that my every breath would make you smile
  And my going might make you twitch
  Or itch.
  But I just wondered?
  If my breathing stopped?
  Would it take a breath from you?"


  Title of this poem

  If...

  from

  Stopped Clocks, Watched Pots, and Other Annoyances

  by C Anne Ford
  3-8-11

  all rights reserved by the author.


.
Something else

" I was watching you.
   There in bed
   For a minute
   Just for a minute
   You were young.
   A young James Dean
   Lost in your own thoughts
   (Or maybe just asleep)
   Something in the way your head was turned
  And your eyes
  The look so faraway
   I was in love with that face
  Along time ago
  I'd forgotten.
  Then this morning I looked at your face..."


Title  4am Sunday Morning

written by C Anne Ford, 3-8-11

all rights reserved by the author


.

No comments:

Post a Comment