Monday, March 7, 2011

Last post for today

,

It's the day before MardiGras people and here I am sitting in my bathrobe and fuzzy slippers in a funk.

Fruit cakes and fruit bats people, that aint good.

You know something. This morning someone had the nerve to insinuate that my sailboat was a money pit.

The nerve. '

So I thought about it. Then I wrote stuff and I surfed the web and read emails surfed the web somemore and read the Nerdist (see next post) and I laughed and then I wrote some more stuff and then I got to thinking,

"Hey, I own a sailboat. What's more? I can live on that boat for cheaper than rent. Hmm. And? It's cool to live on a sailboat. Heck Technically according to the boat rules the thing's a yacht. Now that is even more cool. And I'm not just money challenged. Oh no. I'm a disinherited writer. I write stuff, send it to publishers to be published, hopefully get paid, AND I get to whine about the being disinherited thing. It's kind of like having a tattoo. sure it's painful at first but after that it's all about the , "Hey are you looking at my cool tattoo?" Even if I don't leave the dock? People will say, "Hey. There goes that cool writer person who lives on their yacht."

And you know, my dad did say to stick with the boat thing. (the fine print)



And very most important?

They have cable at the marina.They have the sports stations. I can sit out at the lake and watch baseball and tell folks that I'm doing research for a friggin book. Call it a tax dedution cause it's a work expense.  I can't do that here because here ? Here I don't have cable. Not out here in the middle of the woods known as Nowhere.



Why am I still here in the land of dark getting yelled at by people who frankly don't give a spit.

Feck all the grippy people who want me to be unhappy.
It's spring and I've got a boat.
It's time to sail the boat and have fun. These people want to take away my fun and replace it with a frigging answering machine. I got rid of the answering machine and got a junk email addy to get away from these people. Ah no No more unhappy people..
Let's dance.





This time it's really good to go to the light.

I heart The Nerdist.

Love,

Sailor and  AuthorAnn

Yee haw.  :D

.

No comments:

Post a Comment