Monday, January 23, 2012

.

Today's "already done list" ?

Fact. It's been a LOOONG week.  Just because I know how to use a clean out "snake" to clear a plumbing line doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

It was wet.
We're all soggy.

Best I can say? I finally took a nap. I was soo tired of all the "stuff". Worry that my parents might have been hurt in the tornadoes. Worried about the plumbing. Worry about Pup. Worry about the pup who's been sick.

Worry.

I just let it go. LOL I went and sat in the truck and felt so tired that I laid down my head on the bag of dog food and fell asleep. I had been told that the bad weather missed my family, that the animals and people in my life were okay. WB was there and he was handling the plumbing and the gate that mysteriously feel off it's hinges. I just looked at him and thought, "He's here. I'll be okay."

Then I went to sleep.

Woke up and he and Pup had indeed fixed the plumbing problem and the gate. They'd walked the pup and then cooked. They'd even washed a load of clothes.

It was such a relief.
I was grateful.

Didn't get to sleep until 4am and then back awake to walk and feed the animals at 7:30am.
Haven't had much sleep for the last month. Heck, who am I kidding. Haven't had much sleep since October a year ago. It's been a really bad year. I try not to think on it. Only think about the good that does happen. Otherwise, I'd start to cry. That's no good. Have to think positive to go forward.

Good that has happened.

My dad didn't die. He didn't end up a vegetable on a ventilator. He's back on his tractor and driving. He can do the little things that we all take for granted. I'm glad. We might not talk to each other now but I do know that he's okay. He did tell me that he loved me. We got to do something together for Father's Day.

The plumbing problem is fixed.  The gate is on the hinges. Pups okay. Our dog isn't going to die and in another 30 days she should be able to run again.

I am writer even if I don't have alot of people reading what I write. Some day.

Pup loves fencing. He really does. I don't know how he's learned all he has but I'm  proud of him.

We have a place for the animals if it gets un naturally cold or hot. No more animals in all parts of the house when the temperature goes below freezing.

I got a nap and I'm going to bed early.

True I didn't get to see Craig Ferguson's concert, I did make WB very happy with the big tv and the fact that he didn't have to take me to see a concert in all the bad weather or a work night. He's also delighted that I didn't have to come back alone, in the dark, and during tornado warnings.

We're all still here.

I'd post a song here but - well - I think I'll skip the You tube. (I'd post the song Bring On The Rain but you'll have to YouTube it instead. Sorry.

Ann

.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment