Tuesday, January 24, 2012




"In politics? The speeches are always pretty AND  the "devil" most always is in the details." 




I know that I don't usually write about politics in this blog, but I'm going to make the exception.

If you haven't already, I would suggest finding a written copy of President Obama's 2012 State of the Union speech and also a copy of the minority rebutal. Read it, fact check, compare your own experiences with that talked about during the speeches. Then, if you are able, listen to the speech with copy in hand. I know that it's time consuming but since President Obama is running for re election in November, think of it as preparation for the presidential election.

You  should also think of the minority rebutal as preparation for the 2016 presidential race. The man who gives the rebutal speech was asked to run for president this year but declined. I think that he was worried that given all the problems in his party (Republican) as well as the country that he might loose in 2012. I'm also thinking that he might be using the next 4 years to build support for a 2016 bid.


Enough politics.




Added to the "already done list", took a nap. Yep, I did. Woke up feeling refreshed.


No comments:

Post a Comment